Thursday 23 June 2016

Beaugency to Vierzon

The van was like a sauna last night and the mozzies were given full rein to invade through the open door, amazingly I've only found 3 bites so far. Fortunately we were just south of the huge storms.
The first stop on today's bike ride was the magnificent Chambord.



Followed of course by the obligatory boulangerie stop. Bob's patisserie du jour was a pain au chocolat.

It got steadily hotter and hotter so, after bombing along flat, straight roads in beautiful countryside...

It was time for an ice cream stop and an essential top up of the water bottles.

I don't usually like flat riding, but it was so peaceful and beautiful today, I really enjoyed it, zooming along in my happy place.


Suitable wedding venue girlies?!

My garmin said the temperature hit 36c today so not surprising that I'm a bit pooped after 65.7 miles. Every lovely French person I spoke to said the heat is better than the rain (Yes Katie I'm trying to speak lots of bad French!)
The campsite is right on the river and the mozzie army is currently massing!


No comments:

Post a Comment