Friday 24 June 2016

Vierzon to La Chatre

Not a good start to the day - depressing and frightening news, more mozzie bites than I can count and a glowering sky.
I waited until the rain stopped then pedalled off for some much needed bike therapy through the vineyards (and yes I did think about how much more my wine habit is going to cost me). 
 
Today's route was undulating and deserted, my idea of perfect cycling. I'm very tempted to stay in France and just keep pedalling...

Today Bob is posing with a pain au chocolat in front of a crayon sculpture (no idea what that is about!)

I managed 45 out of 53.5 miles without getting soaked but was decidedly soggy and mucky by the time I got to the campsite.
Our very pretty location is by a river under  trees so we are just waiting for the mozzie munching to start.

J'adore La France
Rusty is having lots of fun in the supermarches and we have langoustines for dinner :)
After a horrible news day, this makes it all feel so much better...

PS I really do love France

No comments:

Post a Comment